Take Care of Your State Parks ... Take a Photo ...
Win Great Prizes!
At the Friends of Colorado State Parks, we know that “Friends” help parks stay clean, open, supported, and welcoming to all. We want more folks to volunteer and participate in the care our Colorado State Parks, so that many future generations can enjoy all these special places!
So in honor of Colorado's Public Lands, the Friends of Colorado State Parks will be hosting a Photo Campaign throughout the summer of 2018. We want to see photos of folks taking care of their public lands, specifically their state parks. Send us a photo of you and your friends getting your boots dirty (#GetYourBootsDirty) on a trail building project, removing invasive species, or any other stewardship-based initiative (including an education outing).
Ready to share your stewardship? Here’s how you participate!
All summer long, through Labor (September 3rd, 2018), take a photo in a Colorado State Park that includes people involved in a stewardship activity at a Colorado State Park.
- Email the photo directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 3rd, 2018
- Limit is one entry per person
- In the email, include your contact information, the name of the State Park (double-check that you're in one of Colorado's 41 State Parks) and that you give us permission to post the photo to Social Media. If you want to explain what the photo means, great, if not, don’t sweat it. A photo IS worth a 1000 words!
- We will then choose our ten favorite images and post them to our Facebook page by September 7th, 2018.
- We'll email you if your image is one of the ten chosen so that you can promote your photo with likes and shares.
- The top three photos will be chosen by which photos have the largest sum of likes (1 point/like) and shares (2 points/share) between the time we post photos and 8:00 pm on the last day of summer, Friday, September 21st, 2018.
- We'll announce the winners and share prizes on September 22nd, just in time for Autumn!
- The ten semi-finalists photos will also be posted to Instagram on September 22nd under #GetYourBootsDirty and #CoPublicLandsDay
Photos must be emailed to us by 11:59 pm on September 3rd. Images emailed before or after the contest dates will not be considered. The photo must be taken during the summer of 2018 and in one of Colorado's 41 State Parks. Submissions are limited to one per person.
By participating in the contest you agree to allow Friends of Colorado State Parks to re-post your photos. We promise to credit you for the photo in our post if we do this.
Contest winners must claim their prize within 30 days of our announcement of the winners. Anyone not claiming their prize within that time forfeits their win. The prize will then be awarded to the next runner up.
No purchase is necessary, and purchasing does not enhance your chance of winning. The photos you submit must be your own, original work. You grant CSP Friends permission to use your name in connection with the photograph, and you certify that all persons appearing in the image grant CSP Friends permission to publish the photo. By submitting your photo, you release Instagram and Facebook and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. Finally, permission to publish images of children must be obtained from a parent or legal guardian.