Our Photo Campaign | Win Great Prizes!
Are you an angler, kayaker, hiker, equestrian, runner, birder, biker, picnicker, or climber? Do you love to get outside and enjoy Colorado State Parks?
Here at Friends of Colorado State Parks, we know that “friends” help parks to stay clean, open, supported, and welcoming to all. We want more folks to volunteer and participate in the care our Colorado State Parks, so that many future generations can enjoy all they have to offer!
How can you help? We’ve got a great photo challenge coming up on May 20th, 2017 to support the inaugural Colorado Public Land's Day. We want you to show us how you #GetYourBootsDirty on your #CoPublicLandsDay at the Colorado State Parks you love! Show us your story, show us your joy, show us how you take a nice clean pair of boots and get them scuffed and dirty by having fun in a state park. Photos can be about connecting with friends, or a quiet morning sunrise with a cup of coffee, ascending a granite spire or paddling across a glassy lake. There are no limits (though let’s abide by park rules and keep it PG, people) to how you can #GetYourBootsDirty on #CoPublicLandsDay!
Ready to show us some pics? Here’s how you participate!
From May 1st to May 20th, 2017, take a photo in a Colorado State Park that captures why you love your Public Lands
- Email the photo directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on May 20th (#CoPublicLandsDay), limit is three entries per person!
- In the email, include your contact information, the name of the State Park (double-check that you're in one of Colorado's 42 State Parks), and that you give us permission to post the photo to Social Media. If you want to explain what the photo means, great, if not, don’t sweat it. A photo IS worth a 1000 words!
- We will then choose our favorite ten images and post them to our Facebook page by May 22nd.
- We'll email you if your image is one of the ten chosen so that you can promote your photo with likes, comments, and shares.
- The top three photos will be chosen by which photos have the largest sum of likes (1 point/like) and shares (2 points/share) between the time we post photos on May 22nd and 11:59 pm on May 31st, 2017.
- We'll announce the winners and share prizes on June 1st!
- The ten semi-finalists photos will also be posted to Instagram on June 1st under #GetYourBootsDirty and #CoPublicLandsDay
Photos must be emailed to us by 11:59 pm on May 2oth. Images emailed before or after the contest dates will not be considered. The photo must be taken from May 1st to May 20th, 2017 and in one of Colorado's 42 State Parks. Submissions are limited to three per person.
By participating in the contest you agree to allow Friends of Colorado State Parks to re-post your photos. We promise to credit you for the photo in our post if we do this.
Contest winners must claim their prize within 30 days of our announcement of the winners. Anyone not claiming their prize within that time forfeits their win. The prize will then be awarded to the next runner up.
No purchase is necessary, and purchasing does not enhance your chance of winning. The photos you submit must be your own, original work. You grant CSP Friends permission to use your name in connection with the photograph, and you certify that all persons appearing in the image grant CSP Friends permission to publish the photo. By submitting your photo, you release Instagram and Facebook and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Finally, permission to publish images of children must be obtained from a parent or legal guardian.